+1:Zico

Seriously, sarose there must be a slight problem with the distro you use,
This is not the 90's and the LINUX desktops have come a long way.
What they are not is Windows copy( well, some are that as well)
So, teaching your Li'l bro, or your dad is not as taxing as you seem to
think
The actual issue with OLPC has nothing to do with ease of use.
For a beginner, there really is no difference; in my opinion Linux is a much
better starting OS than its more prevalent counterpart.

The real thing is too many people share your vision; they do not believe
children might adapt to the 'GEEKY' platforms.
Well, it is sad if instead of convincing more people we are going back to
doubting ourselves.
sure the FOSS applications are not replicas of their proprietary
counterparts, but whoever said they needed to be?