Hi,

2009/12/4 Jitendra kumar <jitendra.harla...@gmail.com>:
> Great initiative Pravin dai!
>
> On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 7:15 AM, Pravin Raj Joshi <prav...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> For the softwares that are already built I can make an informal list at
>> bvs.edu.np if you all send me the name of the software and its website.
>> Somebody else can make it a formal list at some public site.
>> I know of Jwalanta's products in his website. I have a couple myself,
>> which I will put up.
>> So please lets get more info and I will make the list. I saw that Laxmi
>> wanted to volunteer on this one. So, maybe you and me lets collaborate
>> where we look into the products that people send us the name and link
>> and create the list.
>> Let us make it clear that we want to list all products that we have
>> made, even the smallest of the smallest ones, to add to the bargaining
>> power. So don't feel that your product might be small, just send it in.
>> Remember, drops of water make the ocean and so it is with code. If you
>> dont believe me please read the book "A Commentary on the Sixth Edition
>> Unix Operating System" by J.Lions and you will understand how the
>> smallest of the smallest pieces of code make up a very complex piece of
>> software.
>> Also I would like to make a list of possible (and probably very small)
>> utilities that Nepali people would like to have in their pcs. Maybe we
>> need to take examples from some of the utilities that nepali use on
>> their windows pc. Then we can take up the challenge of building them. I
>> would like to build a few myself.

Nepalinux already is a distro. Nepali Free Software
developers/admins/packagers/translators could work on that instead
perhaps? :-)

Ubuntu/Fedora is another possibility. These distros could be packaged
up in such a manner that all the debs/rpms be included in Nepali
context (software that will be used by Nepali in Nepali language or
some such) with additional helpful nepali codebase.

Pravin bro is suggesting a rather radical idea because it involves
building a distro with software from ground up (read DRY principle).
Right? Using existing distros as base/s install, all the software can
be had easily (obviously packagers,translators and other help will be
needed).
--
Regards,
Ishwor Gurung