> I don't think it is going to be easy to get FOSSology running on ubuntu
> 10.04.  I have tried both the server and desktop versions for i386  and
> there are issues.  I also have discovered that the  1.2.0-1 and 1.2.0-2
> debian packages available on fossology.org do not install and are
> reported as broken packages on 10.04.

Do you have error logs?

> I know that FOSSology should install clean on a Debian Lenny system
> (which is what we use)

The 1.2.0-1 and 1.2.0-2 package install cleanly, but they have upstream
bugs that prevent some agents from running. The 1.2.0 release had a lot of
problems that I have been adding fixes for in the Debian package (and maybe
the fossology team is going to do a 1.2.1 release for?). Most of them are
solved in 1.2.0-2, but not all.

> or a RedHat 5.X system (which is also what we
> use).  I will be trying a  ubuntu 8.04 server version on Thursday.  I
> believe that will work.  Ubuntu 10.04 is new and they seemed to have
> changed some things that are now breaking FOSSology.

What needs to happen is we need known good packages and then they can be
backported to the various Ubuntu releases.

> I am sure given some more time I can get past the 10.04 issues.  If you
> really want to get started using FOSSology 1.2.0 (I cannot recommend
> 1.1.0), I would suggest you use either Debian Lenny, Ubuntu 8.04 or
> RedHat 5.x (or CentOS).

I'd wait until we have known good packages before doing anything else.
Those will be available for Debian unstable and lenny first, then Ubuntu
releases once backports are done. I have no idea when rpms will be
available, but I know the current ones have all the 1.2.0 bugs.

--
Matt Taggart
tagg...@fossology.org