Deol, Gurbax wrote:
Mark,
Thank you very much for all the support. It was nice talking to you. Let me know when are done with testing fossology install on 8.0.4 ubuntu. I will follow the same instructions. Thanks again. Regards, Gurbax Deol
Gurbax,

I have good news. FOSSology appears to be working fine on 8.04. We got some good comments on the mailing list for 10.04 and I'll be following up on those. In the mean time, lets' get you going on FOSSology 1.2.0 on 8.04.

Here are the steps I followed:

1. Make sure my os was up to date: sudo apt-get update; sudo apt-get upgrade
2. Added the fossology repository into the sources.list file for apt:

# FOSSology 1.2.0
deb http://fossology.org/debian/lenny-backports/1.2.0-1 ./

3. Configured my system as per the INSTALL doc:
    - kernel
    - postgres
    - php
- apache (use the path /usr/share/fossology/www instead of /usr/local/share)

4. update again: sudo apt-get update

5. Installed fossology: sudo apt-get install fossology,
the packages cannot be authenticated... install them anyway.

It should install just fine, create a scheduler.conf file for you and start the scheduler.

By going to: http://<your-machine.domain>/repo/ you should see the fossology login screen.

I'll be around on Friday till about 1pm. Please let me know how it goes. Best of luck with your work.

--
Mark Donohoe
OS&T, Cupertino CA.