On Fri, 2013-05-10 at 16:47 +0100, Richard Hughes wrote:
> On 10 May 2013 15:55, Bastien Nocera <had...@hadess.net> wrote:
> > I've never heard the word "gimp" used as a slur against handicapped
> > people
>
> If it helps, I've never heard the word used this way either. However,
> my understanding of the common use of the word isn't any better
> (warning; possibly NSFW):
>
> https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=gimp+mask&tbm=isch

I think a majority of people on this list will be familiar with Pulp
Fiction ;)

And I wasn't arguing that "GIMP" is a nice name, it's just that I don't
understand the reasoning enunciated in the original e-mail. Saying "I
don't want GNOME to be associated with SM leather bound dudes" is better
than (possibly) creating connections that don't exist between 2 words.