----- Original Message -----
> From: "Sindhu S" <sind...@live.in>

Hi Sindhu,

As you can see, this reimbursement was done by a separate vote as an exception
to the current rule. This was done because Diego e-mailed the board with a
special request and the majority of directors felt that it was reasonable to
reimburse for visa expenses, when we will not be reimbursing for a larger
amount we earlier approved that would be needed for the person to make the
trip. We know visa rejections can be very disappointing, and such reimbursement
shows the support of the GNOME community towards the person. I'm sorry an
exception or a policy review were not considered when you were denied a visa.
As you can see, the board also decided we should discuss amending the policy
about reimbursement for rejected visas in the future.

Thanks,
Marina