On Mon, 12 Mar 2007 00:11:06 +0300, Marco van de Voort <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Are the licensing issues sorted out for it? If not, there may be a
> problem since standard MPL is incompatible with GPL (so people can't
> release GPL programs using those bindings). I don't know about the LGPL
> (and how our static linking exception affects this).

As far as I know if somebody uses  MPL the product based on  MPL must be
only  MPL.

MPL is incompatible with  LGPL too.

http://www.mozilla.org/MPL/relicensing-faq.html

Where exactly? I see "perceived incompability" in the header, but afaik FSF
only names GPL.

http://www.mozilla.org/MPL/relicensing-faq.html#why-relicensing

(The LGPL allows code released under LGPL terms to be combined in certain specified ways with code released under non-LGPL terms, as for example when releasing an application using a library consisting of code released under the LGPL. However the relevant LGPL provisions do not address all possible ways in which code released under the MPL and code released under the LGPL could be combined to form a larger work. In particular, when linking Mozilla source files directly into a library released under the LGPL, e.g., to extend the functionality of that library, the effect of the LGPL terms, and any potential license incompatibilities that might arise, appear to be similar to those associated with the GPL.)