On Fri, 09 Mar 2007 21:07:55 +0300, Daniël Mantione <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

This might make
sense if we don't have somebody who'd maintain the full headers, whereas
maintaining just a highly limited set needed for sdlgraph purposes might
be still acceptable (possibly just copied from the existing headers if the
licence for those headers allows it).

SDL is LGPL, so is JEDI-SDL. We would need ask Dominique for permission of
the FPC static linking exception to just JEDI-SDL (we do not distribute
SDL itself). I don't think this will be a problem.

Sorry, but you are wrong. JEDI-SDL is Mozilla Public License 1.1 (MPL 1.1). I don't know all refinements of licences, but JEDI-SDL is based on SDL libraries and they are LGPL version 2, so if we want to use JEDI-SDL headers they will bring us MPL 1.1 and it's requirements. But linking with SDL library will bring LGPL 2. If you mean static linking (ld job and static libraries) then we need permissions not from Dominique but from Sam Lantinga. As far as I know JEDI-SDL haven't its own libraries.

--
Best regards
E.I.