Boian Mitov  wrote / napísal(a):
To be honest I hate the Pascal OOP implementation even more, but the lack of Singleton support, good RTTI and AfterConstructor/BeforeDestructor . ;-) . The OOP model is something we as developers implement. We are not talking MFC, or VCL, but the language. There are a lot of fantastic OOP models in C++, and C++ supports conceptual programming (Well kind of), where Pascal does not. To be honest both languages have a lot of issues, but we take them for what they are and use them and love them :-) . I love both C++ and Object Pascal, well maybe C++ a bit more, but is still frustrates me when I can't create a simple singleton :-D .

 With best regards,
   Boian Mitov

Mitov Software
http://www.mitov.com
I can't like an OOP model in which you:
1. can't call virtual methods from constructors
2. can't safely do stuff in constructors without using exceptions
3. can't limit the constructors being called (e.g: call order a, b, c)
4. no metaclasses or RTTI

These are all language ad-hoc design limitations of C++, I'm sure there are more, but I personaly hit these. Perhaps I'm just spoiled by good OOP tho :P

I'm curious however, what do you mean by "conceptual programming"? Can you provide an example?

Ales