On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 2:46 PM, Graeme Geldenhuys
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 2:24 PM, Sergei Gorelkin
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> To summarize: Unicode can be used in fpdoc xml files. If the file has
>> ISO8859-1 encoding label, it should be removed or replaced with UTF-8 label.
>
> I'll assume this is all in theory then. :-)
> See my previous reply. Even if I escaped a Unicode character as follows:
>  &#x2026;
>
> it becomes a literal '?' question mark character in the generated HTML
> Source output.

Here is another example:

------------part of fpdoc xml file-----------------------
<module name="gfx_UTF8utils">
<short></short>
<descr>Is this character: &lt;&#x2026;&gt; displayed correctly?
</descr>

... and the generated html source with UTF-8 encoding ...

<h2>Overview</h2>

NOTE:
The < and > characters went through fine, but the ellipses character did not.

Regards,
 - Graeme -