Marco van de Voort wrote:
In our previous episode, Ivo Steinmann said:

Why not creating a new kind of managed class, that is refcounted, initialized, finalized, etc... like String type?

I never liked string-types as classes. They feel like cheap imitations of a
real string type.

OK, then we name it objects (or records with methods)

Before you know it you are messing with special stringbuilder classes and
special syntax to keep a semblance of performance. Moreover I don't really
see what this solves.

It solves the case that you want to have records/objects with non standard inatialisation/finalisation code. Refcounted assignments etc.

If this were possible, I would have used in for the utf enconding of strings and for the wincontrol.handle/reference in lazarus.

Marc