Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
You are mixing 2 things:

- Texts (strings) at the compiler language level.
- (complex) GUI design that needs to handle a lot of text and a lot of extra
   properties.

:)

If you draw the lines so red and thick, who am I to disagree...

But, I could write a gigantic data mining application, a database application or a myriad of such apps that uses the above class without doing a single pixel of GUI stuff.

For GUI design, you may well need all the things you describe.
And as I said before: you can do this yourself if you need it.

True.

I could also do my own TList, TStringList etc. etc. but, luckily I don't have to.

I was under the impression, therefore, that stuff that makes life easier for a number of developers get to be included into the main distribution for common use; and not be rejected on the basis of /language level/ .