But it is far more readable when there is special and reserved type
for which we could have special operators and converters just like
those we have for strings and widestrings.

Oh, I thougbt people just complained in this thread that + isn't
appropriate for strings anyways ...

People are, of course, entitled to their opinions.

And, I -for one-- would never force them against their wills to use the '+' operator for any sort of strings.

In the same breath, the fact that some of us object to '+' should not, IMO, be the basis to not have 4-byte (or 6-byte) per char strings.