I remember that the Delphi to java bytecode compiler isn't feature complete. I can't be: it will not be possible to compile any old delphi program into java byte code for several reasons. But it is possible to create Java bytecode with a - safe - subset of pascal syntax. It is also possible to use the same intermediate compiler to compile to .net/mono, though. It isn't possible to adapt Freepascal to write once compile anywhere with Java OR .Net. Both these assume restrictions that are simply not there in native code compilers, so you would have to work with one lame leg. I hope you realize that.