Am 04.10.2010 12:35, schrieb Matt Emson:
On 04/10/2010 10:56, Sven Barth wrote:
So I personally would prefer *.ppl (for Pascal Package Library) on
every platform supporting packages.

Scenario - I'm using <someother> Pascal compiler
(GNU/Delphi/Virtual/etc) so I can use the PPL's from Free Pascal with
them? After all, they *are* "Pascal Package Library" files?!

No matter how infrequently, this *will* happen at some point. I'd say,
pick another more descriptive extension now, save "your - [collective] -
selves" reiterating the same disclaimer every time someone asks this
question. The assumption that "Free Pascal" is the only "Pascal" that
will ever exist in a usable form going forward is probably subjective,
but it's not a reliable constant.

Then let's pick *.fppl (Free Pascal Package Library). I don't mind what extension we use as long as it is not *.bpl ^^