Am 04.10.2010 11:52, schrieb Marco van de Voort:
In our previous episode, Sven Barth said:
However, at the moment I don't see why this is better than shipping all
necessary ppl files. BTW: I realize that ppl might be a bad TLA - since
it probably means "people" for quite a number of ppl ;-)

Nah. Just wonder if that is necessary, if Delphi .bpl's are not compatible
too eachother anyway.

So... what is your suggestion? Keep the platform specific library name?

bpl is fine with me on Windows. On *nix, what did Kylix use? Or maybe .dso ?

I'd not use *.bpl. People might get the idea to use FPC packages with Delphi (or the other way round). By using a extension that isn't equal to the Delphi ones we might avoid at least some questions about this topic. ^^

So I personally would prefer *.ppl (for Pascal Package Library) on every platform supporting packages.