On 12/01/2011 10:39, Joost van der Sluis wrote:
On Tue, 2011-01-11 at 22:12 +0000, Martin wrote:
The new one crashes, when my test application is run (dwarf and dwarf 3):
I coudn't reproduce, but I had some local changes.
+      ExecuteCommand('-gdb-set case-sensitive off', []);
IT could be this line =>  but with it, all my other gdb versions start
failing =>  including the one I use to run the testcase (the one I have
configured in lazarus / 7.2-1)
That is bad news, because it seems like it that the
final-case-sensitivity solution will be that the case-sensitive flag is
used to control the behavior. But that will then break backwards
compatibility...

The IDE can make decisions based on GDB version. So if it gets fixed cross platform, and I know the version...

Btw, I am still trying to figure out, I've seen 3 diff notations of version 5.2.1-1 / 7.0.50 / 7.2-50
So I can interpret either as:
  Version . SubVersion [ . MinorVersion ] [ - patchlvl ]
Or
  Version . SubVersion ( . | - ) patchlvl  # and discard -1 in 5.2.1.-1

Alternatively, gdb could output some info somewhere, e.g in the version string....

Martin