Florian Klaempfl schrieb:

I really thing we should first collect use cases and maybe improve
existing solutions if needed instead of opening another can.

ACK. Here a first example:

We often have enumerated types, with arrays of strings or other associated information, that must be kept in sync (array dimension and content). Macros with parameters would allow to create these tightly coupled declarations from a single piece of text, acting as a table from which the enum can be created from column 1, a name array from column 1 or 2, a list of procedure pointers from column 3, etc.

While much can be done with an array of records, I badly miss a feature to create an enum from such an array. Ever hit an "number of elements differ" error, with no indication of which of the many enum elements have been added or removed? In the worst case the code will fail, when somebody only reordered the enum or array elements, without any compiler hint :-(

Another one:

Replacement of $IFs. (Around DebugLn...)

DoDi