On Tue, Jan 26, 2016 at 7:27 PM, Anthony Walter <sys...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I guess this is good time to ask, how would the community feel about
> setting a new standard for Free Pascal units going forward? I am thinking
> that since FPC 3.0 is now official we don't really have a good excuse to
> start using many of the great new language features it brings, such as
> dotted name spaces, type helpers on intrinsic types, and of course the now
> good working generics.
>
> I would propose we start migrating new units to this type of standard:
>
> unit Core.Text;

[...]

I already use dotted namespaces for my units, and IMHO it is a nice
Delphi/FPC feature. :-)

I agree with all your ideas, but I don't know how FPC/Laz team would accept
and adopt this new standard.

Anyway, is there any place where I can find the code that you proposed? It
sounds a very nice feature.

--
Silvio Clécio