On Tue, 12 Apr 2016, Marco van de Voort wrote:

In our previous episode, Michael Van Canneyt said:
I guess the only way, as always, is to have two duplicate systems on
windows.  One wide that is for unicode, (unicodestring paramstr and
D2009 compatible tapplication), one for old legacy ansi apps. (getopts etc).

If argv/argc is known to be UTF8 encoded, then I see no problem with
keeping getopts ?

Getopts is not utf8 but shortstring, so ACS on Windows. Or do you plan to
redo it using utf8string or unicodestring?

I don't necessarily plan to do so, I was proposing it as a way out.