In our previous episode, Michael Van Canneyt said:
> >> If argv/argc is known to be UTF8 encoded, then I see no problem with
> >> keeping getopts ?
> >
> > Getopts is not utf8 but shortstring, so ACS on Windows. Or do you plan to
> > redo it using utf8string or unicodestring?
>
> I don't necessarily plan to do so, I was proposing it as a way out.

If getopts is not leading, then the needs of the unicode T(Custom)Application
classes is probably the best indicator for which way to go.

If they don't need argv and argc, just leave them as they are.

Anyway, I never liked the fact that argv and argc are exported symbols. If
they weren't public, we could change them at will and/or have differing
implementations and encodings depending on target.  I would deprecate them
(being public)