On 09/06/2021 09:29, Pierre Muller via fpc-devel wrote:

could you check if this relates to bug #38973?

 This bug also does not show in current trunk.

 If you get the same pattern of failures, it is most probably related to this wrong optimization.

Unlikely.

I don't know exactly where the error is caused. I usually end up in some internal write_ansi_string. I checked asm and register values. And at that time the string is corrupted. But I do not know when it got corrupted.
Could have been anywhere else.

I have not yet tried -OoNOPEEPHOLE => I am away a few days, will try next week.

However the fact that not compiling in "implicit finalization" does fix it points to something else.