J. Gareth Moreton via fpc-devel <fpc-devel@lists.freepascal.org> schrieb am
Do., 1. Juli 2021, 01:29:

> Ah curses.  I fear it was something I did.  I don't like the idea of
> stepping through each revision until we find one that works.

That's where bisecting comes into play: find a revision where it is working
(or not working, depending on the context) and then half the interval to
the top most revision. If if still works in that revision (or not works)
then you do the same with the upper interval, otherwise you continue with
the lower one. This continues until only one revision is left which is the
culprit.

This is so common that e.g. Git contains a command for simplifying that
(cause there are no linear revision numbers after all).