HSN via fpc-other said on Thu, 20 Apr 2023 15:03:45 +0000

>I bet there could be people in these mailing lists that don’t even use
>pascal. It’s is understandable why someone who doesn’t use pascal
>could be offended about being asked to talk about what they are doing
>in pascal... People I know who like pascal don’t seem to have These
>hang ups.

Maybe people lurk because they want to *learn* FPC. Or maybe their
Pascal skills are so low they need to ask questions and cannot prove
their Pascal expertness.

>If nobody knows the backstory about freenode, it was taken over and
>destroyed on purpose to get people off of irc and onto platforms that
>spy on users and monetize their data. Irc is one of the few platforms
>left on the Internet where there is no phone number or email required
>to talk.

Which is EXACTLY why I use IRC. Your actions (assuming HSN=='Joanna')
push people away from IRC (and Pascal) just as much as trolls,
insulters, political junkies and biggots do. So why don't you unban us
all, and if **on #fpc** any of us starts insulting people or groups of
people, or insulting FPC or Pascal, or going on and on about their
wonderful vacation to the South of France or their ski trip in
Colorado, you can warn them and if they persist kick or even ban them.
But not for not answering your questions, or for not posting. Name me
one other IRC channel that does that. Joanna, you have the power to end
this whole mess right now just by revoking all the bans and using more
reasonable moderation techniques in the future.

SteveT

Steve Litt