> I've heard all this before since 10 years, and it is only true for small
> applets used by a broad public.

10 years ago, people was just talking about it. Today, they're doing
it. C'mon, look around, there are thousands of complex applications
provided on the web. Not to mention, web-based applications in closed
environment which can't be accessed through public internet.

> The sole advantage of web apps is ease of distrubution. It is countered
> by the fact that there are still many non-compliant browsers out there.
> (or you could require version X of browser Y, but then you're back in
> c/s territory)

Actually, it's nothing different to FPC that providing code generator
for different platforms. And browser incompatibility is no longer an
issue if you're using JS framework which hide all the differences so
you just need to use same API for any browsers.

> To prove my point I once did performance tests with AJAX, SOAP and whatnot
> technologies when compared to a specialized C/S protocol. In general the
> conclusion was that SOAP and standards-based applications worked 6 times
> slower. Also something to take into consideration, because it meant that
> 6 times more people could work on a single server simultaneously.

Performance isn't the only important things. I believe we all know that. ;)

-Bee-

has Bee.ography at:
http://beeography.wordpress.com