On 27 April 2010 02:00, John wrote:

> I think you missed my point.  I don't need 'new developer' documentation for
> OOP.  What I can't understand is how the documentation system itself works,
> ie, how to go about using it to contribute documentation.

* Download 'fpdoc.pdf' or 'fpdoc.ps' and read all about tools lake
'makeskel', 'fpdoc' etc.
  This is the documentation for the FPC Documentation tools.
* Checkout out the latest fpc docs repository.
* Now you can edit the XML documentents eg: classes.xml with any text editor.
  OR
  You can use the integrated FPDoc Editor included with Lazarus IDE
(if you are using
  Lazarus).
* To tell Lazarus IDE where the XML documentation are on you hard drive.
   Add the path via:  Environment > Options > FPDoc Editor
   To open the FPDoc Editor:  View > FPDoc Editor

You you then see something like this:
http://wiki.freepascal.org/New_IDE_features_since#Integrated_Documentation_Editor

If you now make changes in the FPDoc Editor window. Most common
formatting has toolbar buttons in the editor window. Once you done
editing the text, generate a patch and submit to Mantis.

  cd <path_to_fpcdocs_svn>
  svn status -q
  svn diff > my_changes.patch

I don't know if there is "official" documentation describing this
process. There is another README.DOCS file inside the root directory
of the checked out fpc docs repository.

I also remembered writing the following very basic instructions for
the developers working on tiOPF. tiOPF also uses fpdoc-style
documentation.

   http://opensoft.homeip.net/wiki/wiki.cgi?p=fpdoc-usage-summary

  - Graeme -