On Tue, 25 May 2010, Bee Jay wrote:

On 25 Mei 2010, at 15:12, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:

Seems like Graeme is not the only one who is not always listening:

Hahahaha... I know. :D When you point a finger, there are three fingers
pointing back at you! ;)

I said several times before, FastCGI exists since a long time in Free Pascal;
why would you need ExtPascal code for it ?

Sorry, maybe I missed some of your emails. When I needed FCGI, I found
ExtPascal first before fpWeb.  I found fpWeb when my app had coded mostly
using ExtPascal.  So, I ignored it at that time.  Now, I'm considering to
use fpWeb for my next projects.  But, the lack of CGI gateway/proxy
support, and knowing ExtPascal code got refactor lately, I haven't yet
made any decision.  Any suggestion?

The CGI gateway is on my todo list, as you know.
Other than that, I have no suggestions other than the observations I already
gave.

All in all, I see very little reason for using ExtPascal - if you are
interested only in the FastCGI code. If you want ExtJS, it's a different
story.

Though I no longer use ExtPascal, except to maintain 2 legacy web apps
that already been on production, I still care about this project.  Its
future is still promising to provide web app dev tool using pascal. Especially when Wanderlan is starting to work on the web IDE. Perhaps
fpWeb got better design and all, but the ease of use of ExtPascal made it
more attractive to common delphi/pascal programmers, especially with ExtP
Toolkit.  I even promoting it in my local delphi/pascal community, along
with fpWeb and FreeSpider.  More alternative is better for the community,
I suppose.  ;)

Obviously. I think ExtPascal is promising, but sadly suffers from some major
design flaws (garbage collect, thread model); which prevent me from
using it: they can (and do) lead to serious memory corruption.

I still follow its progress, but see no signs that the design flaws will be fixed, even with the recent refactorings :/