On 10-02-12 11:30, Jonas Maebe wrote:

Now I see: that compilerproc is only included in the RTL if
FPC_HAS_FEATURE_ANSISTRINGS is defined. The embedded target by default
probably does not include support for ansistrings (since they in turn
depend on the heap manager). One helper for readstr(ansistring) is
however always included in the RTL currently, and the ansistring
assignment it contains results in a helper call (fpc_ansistr_assign)
since the introduction of the new ansistrings with code page support (in
the past it didn't, which is why that did not cause a problem previously).

So it should be simply a matter of adding some extra {$ifdef
FPC_HAS_FEATURE_ANSISTRINGS} defines around that code.

I think I have it fixed. I modified rtl/inc/text.inc, see the enclosed file. But how do I make a proper patch ? Now I did this :
diff fpc-svn/rtl/inc/text.inc.org fpc-svn/rtl/inc/text.inc

I only did make a crosscompiler, so it is not fully tested.
And AFAIK the crosscompiler makes thumb2 code now :-)
Now I have to make an rtl for the processor I'm using.

Thanks.

Koenraad
1893a1894
> {$ifdef FPC_HAS_FEATURE_ANSISTRINGS}