On 08-02-12 15:42, Jonas Maebe wrote:

On 08 Feb 2012, at 15:31, Koenraad Lelong wrote:

After some debugging, I think my compiler does not work. I'm pretty
certain it outputs arm-code in stead of the needed thumb2 code.

The error below indicates the compiler does not get to emitting any kind
of code at all.

What I say above is from a crosscompiler made with 2.6.0.
Below is what I get when I try to make a new crosscompiler, using svn 20278.

I just tried to make a crosscompiler using svn 20278, which fails :

This means you are trying to compile an FPC 2.6.x (or 2.4.x) RTL using
an FPC 2.7.x starting compiler, or an FPC 2.7.x RTL using an FPC 2.7.x
compiler built from a different 2.7.x revision.

Always first build a native compiler for the version you want to use
(starting with the previous release relative to that version), and use
the resulting native compiler to build a cross-compiler from those same
sources.

That's what I think I did.
I had fpc 2.6.0 installed.
I downloaded fpc trunk via svn.
In the root of the download I did "make clean build install" (as root).
I renamed /usr/lib64/fpc/2.6.0 to -2.6.0- so it would not be found.
I renamed /usr/bin/ppcx64 to ppcx64-2.6.0.
I made a link from /usr/lib/fpc/2.7.0/ppcx64 to /usr/bin/ppcx64.
I modified /etc/fpc.cfg to use /usr/lib/fpc/2.7.0...
fpc -i shows 2.7.1
In the root of the download I tried to make the crosscompiler and then I got the error.

Is there a way to verify there are no files left ? I tried fpc -vt but that seems not the tool.

Thanks,

Koenraad.