On 06-02-12 14:34, Rainer Stratmann wrote:
I am also interested in crosscompiling for embedded ARM.
How did you install the crosscompiler on Linux OS?
Is there an easy way of doing this?
Is it in the debian packages precompiled and ready for use?

On a Suse 12.1 virtual machine I downloaded the binutils from CodeSourcery and installed them. I downloaded and installed fpc 2.6.0 and it's sources. In the "root" of the sources I did (as superuser) : make clean buildbase installbase CROSSINSTALL=1 OS_TARGET=embedded CPU_TARGET=arm SUBARCH=armv7m CROSSBINDIR=/home/koenraad/CodeSourcery/Sourcery_CodeBench_Lite_for_ARM_EABI/bin BINUTILSPREFIX=arm-none-eabi- CROSSOPT="-CfSoft" PREFIX=/usr I'm afraid there are no ready make packages for crosscompiling. I would be interested too. But fpc has a way to make packages (at least rpm) for fpc for linux so I think it should be possible to make them for crosscompiling too.

Regards,

Koenraad Lelong.