On 02/20/2014 01:43 PM, Sven Barth wrote:
On 20.02.2014 02:49, waldo kitty wrote:
even if you do, trunk with the plain 16-bit msdos support might still
do it
for you).

i've pulled DOS262 with the GO memory extender but have not yet
installed it on the system due to other questions not yet posed...

i'm not sure what "trunk with 16 bit support" you speak of... i think it
may be the recent work being done on 8086 support... is this right? if
so, then trunk /may/ be where i want to go /but/ my OS/2 box doesn't
have the ability to pull trunk and compile the DOS version... at least,
not as far as i know... so far, i'm been relegated to pulling and
installing the release snapshots on my OS/2 box... my winwhatever boxen,
on the other hand, do pull and use trunk... at some point i hope to
figure out how to perform cross compiling on so that i can work on a
project on any platform and compile it for any other environment... this
is part of the above mentioned questions not yet posed ;)

This entry in the wiki page for the 16-bit compiler contains a link to
another page where seems to be mentioned how the cross compiler can be
build on Windows and also the tools required:
http://wiki.freepascal.org/DOS#Snapshots

Regards,
Sven

I recently turned up some interesting stuff about Turbo Pascal, so wanted to add it here in case it might be of help.

Here I can purchase source code (for $200) to make my own Turbo Pascal compiler for DOS (I don't plan to purchase):
http://turbo51.com/compiler-design/tpc16-turbo-pascal-compiler-written-in-turbo-pascal

The same guy has put a bit of effort into these pages:
http://turbopascal.org/
http://turbopascal.org/turbo-pascal-download - see 3 PDFs at the bottom
http://turbopascal.org/sitemap - could look up TP bugs here?