On 2014-03-24 10:38, Marco van de Voort wrote:
In our previous episode, Torsten Bonde Christiansen said:
Should I add this to the bugtracker?
Yes. The code with Tfoo and TBar above also shouldn't not compile, at least
not in Delphi mode.
Should I report this as a bug where this construct is not allow at all
(not just Delphi mode, bot all mode) or as a bug in regards to Delphi mode.
Report it as a bug that it is not allowed at all in the current situation,
with the added note that Delphi doesn't allow it either.
Actually i would like to see this work, at least for objfpc, also with
the construct where forward declared classes is possible.
That's a separate language enhancement request, read
http://www.freepascal.org/faq.var#extensionselect
Since this is already possible in objfpc mode (at least partially) is it nessesary to mark it as a bug? I think of this as an undocumentet feature, which perhaps just needs
testcases to ensure reliability.

If you still consider it a bug I will spend some time trying to write a proposal as stated in
the link you send previously.

Regards,
Torsten.