On 05/26/2014 08:17 PM, Sven Barth wrote:
The former is already required out of Delphi compatibility while TEpikTimer is not.
(For the record: I do hate this argument. Especially regarding the latest moves of Delphi getting more and more incompatible to itself. fpc can easily be both more "stringent", more versatile and more platform independent.)

Additionally container structures can be considered essential for basically every software while a timing component is not...
(For the record: I do hate this argument. fpc (and even Delphi) can very decently be used for embedded software and much more non-Desktop or "special Desktop" (e.g. Gaming) purposes.)

And you don't think we FPC developers have enough to do with the remaining RTL and FCL on all those platforms we support?
Of course you are right. I did not want to push anybody. I just see that here the best possible multi-platform support is provided.

Then let it be put in Lazarus in components/epiktimer ... Lazarus releases more often than FPC does.

Hmm.
While I personally in fact would like to _use_ it for a Lazarus enhancement, I would be happy to see it usable without Lazarus.

-Michael