On 07/16/2015 11:29 PM, Sven Barth wrote:
On 16.07.2015 21:04, Marco van de Voort wrote:
In our previous episode, Sven Barth said:
sadly - no, only in Delphi mode. btw. this thing keep me away from objfpc.

Then let me tell you that generic methods will arrive in mode ObjFPC (and thus its syntax) first, because the Delphi syntax is a PITA to parse/handle.

https://xkcd.com/927/

I'm merely building on the syntax FPC already supports.
Btw, just an idea: why not make the generic syntax a {$modeswitch}? This way people will be able to switch on the delphi generics syntax in objfpc mode.

Nikolay