I am still not sure how exactly elastic tab stops work.
I put standard tabs (#9) in each line and the editor
aligns these tabs for adjacent lines?
What if an empty line is between such lines?
What if I want to start a new 'table' which is not
related to preceeding or following lines?

In this example (where 'Param1' should align with 'Param2')
if ProcedureA(FunctionA(Param1,
                        Param2),
              true,
              false,
              false,
              Shift=[ssAlt],
              ErrorCode) then
   ShowMessage('ERROR')
I would put tabs before 'ProcedureA', 'FunctionA', 'Param1', 'Param2', 'true',
'false', etc. and 'ShowMessage'
and 2 extra tabs on the start of the second line (with 'Param2'), 1 extra tab
for the following lines?

I found an interesting discussion discussion about elastic tabstops with some
cons here:
http://softwareengineering.stackexchange.com/questions/137290/what-are-the-drawbacks-of-elastic-tabstops