Op 18-03-19 om 18:20 schreef Mattias Gaertner via fpc-pascal:
On Mon, 18 Mar 2019 17:02:35 +0100
Joost van der Sluis <jo...@cnoc.nl> wrote:

Op 15-03-19 om 22:48 schreef Mattias Gaertner via fpc-pascal:
How to install fpc 3.3.1?

When I use make install under Linux, Lazarus complains:
Error: the Fppkg configuration is corrupt.

I can compile everything without errors.

"Make install" does not create any configuration-files (like fpc.cfg
and fppkg.cfg).

If fppkg.cfg is the cause, why does the Lazarus initial setup not tell
this?

I found it difficult to come up with a descriptive message.

Do you think that "fppkg.cfg" is better then "fppkg configuration"? Problem is that it could also be in the fppkg-compiler configuration file (by default called default). But it could also be something else. To be honest, I don't have a clue why it does not work for you. One guess would be that you do not have the fpmkunit-directory available.

Use samplecfg to do that:

sh compiler/utils/samplecfg /usr/local/lib/fpc/3.3.1

Or this?

Btw: you can also use the button in Lazarus in the initial
configuration screen which will essentially do the same. At least is
should.

Does not work. Can you elaborate, what it should do?

Call samplecfg. ;)

The dialog checks if the given prefix is valid. (It checks for the existence of a few files) It has some hard-coded paths to check for to fill the combobox, and it extracts the prefix from the given compiler-executable.

When you click on the button to create the new configuration-file, it calls 'fpcmkcfg -3' and 'fpcmkcfg -4' with the parameters deducted from the given prefix. Just like samplecfg on Linux does.

After this, it re-loads fppkg. And it checks if the rtl-package can be found. If this is not the case, it complains.

So, can you give the output of 'fppkg listsettings' and 'fppkg list -d', to check why it can not find the rtl?

Regards,

Joost.