On Fri, 24 Apr 2020, Ryan Joseph via fpc-pascal wrote:

On Apr 24, 2020, at 1:47 PM, Ryan Joseph <generic...@gmail.com> wrote:

   end else begin
     if CodeToolBoss.ErrorMessage<>'' then
       writeln(stderr, 'Parse error: ',CodeToolBoss.ErrorMessage)
     else
       writeln(stderr, 'Error: no context');
   end;

In my test I'm getting an error at this block, "Parse error: unit not found:
fpextres".

Does code tools need access to this unit? It's not part of the source I've
supplied it so I don't know why it's looking for this.

This unit is responsible for reading resources and is part of FPC. It's probably used by one of the units you use.