On 12/21/20 10:42 AM, Markus Greim wrote:
....FPC has had a Turbo Pascal-like console IDE for many years...

"has had" ?

AKAIK "has"

I still used it yesterday.

English is not my native language, but I think "has had" means it still has it. If I had said "had" instead of "has had", it would mean it had it in the past, but no longer has it. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Nikolay

Grüße

Markus
Sent from Front
On December 20, 2020, 7:33 PM GMT+1 fpc-pascal@lists.freepascal.org <mailto:fpc-pascal@lists.freepascal.org> wrote:

On 12/19/20 6:35 PM, Liam Proven via fpc-pascal wrote:

> https://github.com/magiblot/tvision <https://github.com/magiblot/tvision>
>
> Someone enterprising could make a TurboPascal clone out of FPC. :-)

Meh. FPC has had a Turbo Pascal-like console IDE for many years. It uses Free Vision, which is a pascal port of the C++ version of Turbo Vision (because Borland didn't release their Pascal version under a free/open source license).

https://wiki.freepascal.org/Free_Vision#Turbo_Vision <https://wiki.freepascal.org/Free_Vision#Turbo_Vision>

Nikolay