Nikolay Nikolov via fpc-pascal <fpc-pascal@lists.freepascal.org> schrieb am
Mo., 21. Dez. 2020, 11:36:

> On 12/21/20 10:42 AM, Markus Greim wrote:
>
> ....FPC has had a Turbo Pascal-like console IDE for many years...
>
> "has had" ?
>
> AKAIK "has"
>
> I still used it yesterday.
>
> English is not my native language, but I think "has had" means it still
> has it. If I had said "had" instead of "has had", it would mean it had it
> in the past, but no longer has it. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

That's how I was taught it as well (with English not being my first
language): "has had" means that the "having" started in the past and holds
till now. "had had" would mean that it started in the past and ended
somewhere less in the past and "had" alone is a specific point in the past.

Regards,
Sven