Travis,

I was working with the Propeller1 for many years We realized a commercial
project with it . See
http://www.schleibinger.com/cmsimple/en/?Setting_and_Maturity:Ultrasonic_Setting_Measurement

It works very reliable.

In June, I have got my first Propeller2 board from Parallax.
Really an impressive chip. Getting all relevant info
and testing and evaluating all the different development platforms is still
demanding.
But situation is getting better each day.

Pascal on the Propeller itself would be possible. There are CPM2.2 emulator for
the Propeller around, so
TurboPascal 3.0 should work. But with all the CP/M and Z80 emulator overhead.

As you may know, Niklaus Wirth developed Oberon as a successor of Pascal.
Its near identical to Pascal, just yet another name.

Its not only a compiler but also a development environment, including an editor
and also an own OS and GUI !
He developed it with Gutknecht mainly at the Xerox PARC labs, long before Steve
Jobs and Bill Gates made their own copies of the ALTO work-station.

The required resources are minimal. In 2013 Wirth developed an own RISC
processor on a FPGA
He published the Verilog and also the Oberon code, because Oberon is written in
Oberon (!)
The whole compiler, editor, OS, GUI, screen driver, mouse control, etc has less
then 10.000 lines of Oberon code !!!
That is near nothing,
See
http://people.inf.ethz.ch/wirth/
and
http://www.projectoberon.com/

I realized this project on a FPGA for myself as proof of concept.
It worked finally, but handling the Xilinx development software was (and is
still) a mess.
Later I translated the according PC emulator of Peter de Wachter from C to
FreePascal.

The RISC-5 ** architecture of Wirth is quite simple and I would see
no real problem to adapt the Oberon system to the Propeller2.

The 3 main obstacles:

1. There is no divider in the COGs, but I guess its possible to use the CORDIC
divider instead.

2. The RAM space of the Propeller2 is too small, OBERON requires 1 MByte of RAM
mainly for the video buffer.
The Propeller2 is supporting some RAM extension, so also this should work.
As far as I can see know, this would be the only necessary hardware extension
the the P2 evaluation board.

3. RISC-5 has a floating point adder, multiplier and divider. So any emulator
required.

Porting the core compiler called OBERON-0 to the propeller would be the most
complicated thing and
OBERON-0 is using no floating point math.
All other things should be easier, I guess.
Finally we would get a 8 core OBERON computer....

Many Christmas dreams...

Regards
Markus

P.S. **) don't mix RISC-5 up with the now popular RISC-V architecture. Wirth is
a genius, but has never
a lucky hand for finding good and unique names for his projects. So from
Algol to Pascal to Modula to Oberon to Oberon-2 to A2 to Project Oberon...