On Thu, 29 Dec 2022, James Richters via fpc-pascal wrote:

It shouldn't be confusing to anyone who has been programming for decades.

To be an effective writer, you need to forget everything you know, and
consider who the typical reader is and put yourself in their place and
then evaluate what you are trying to accomplish form the READER's point of
view.

This is exactly why I stopped writing the Pascal tutorial that I started,
many years ago.

Even for the many articles which I've written over the years, often the
editor or other proofreaders had to point out to me I'm using concepts that
are not known to everyone. And that's for an audience of programmers.

I also had to learn that there are programmers that have not seen a single
SQL statement in their life :)

It is not easy, writing material for beginners. As James writes, you must "forget" all that you know...