On 17/06/2023 19:07, Travis Siegel via fpc-pascal wrote:
This is interesting, because it's the first time I've ever seen "break" as a valid command in pascal, and I've been using pascal since the mid/late 80s.  All kinds of dialects too, and I've never seen break as a keyword.  C, Python, Perl, sure, even shell scripts, but pascal? Never seen it used before.

I've been using break very often in Pascal loops for 25 years since Delphi 2. Also continue.

My code is littered with:

repeat

 do_something;

 if x then BREAK;

 if y then CONTINUE;

 do_something_else;

 Application.ProcessMessages;

 if key_clicked then EXIT;

until 0<>0;

ProcessMessages allows the user to stop the loop if it is running out of control.

Martin.