On 6/18/2023 6:53 AM, Bernd Oppolzer via fpc-pascal wrote:

The compiler is a self-hosting compiler (like most Pascal compilers, I believe) and up to 2011 there were many exits from loops bye putting a label after the loop and using GOTO (because of the absence of BREAK). Similar use of GOTO to implement CONTINUE and RETURN.

Heh, interesting enough, I've never used goto in a pascal program either, but at least I was aware that keyword existed. :)

It's taken some work at times *not* to use goto, but I learned goto was a bad thing when I was first learning to code, way back in the mid 80s, so I've never used it except in basic code, where it's often impossible to avoid, with the way code is written.