On 6/18/2023 1:04 AM, Hairy Pixels via fpc-pascal wrote:
I don't remember break NOT being in Pascal. How did you exit a loop otherwise, goto? Break is common in basically all languages now. Can't think of a language I've used without it.

Use a variable, set the variable when you hit an exit criteria, then before repeating the loop, check the variable, if it's true, exit the loop (exit does this), or just craft the loop (easy to do if it's a loop until construct) so it exits the loop automatically.  Probably not as efficient as break, but since I didn't know it was a valid command, <shrug>