I am trying to build fpc for Arduino on MacOS 10.8.5, using the fpc-3.0.4 sources and fpc-3.0.4 as bootstrap compiler. GNU binutils have been built and installed (but not yet avrdude). As suggested here <https://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,30960.0.html> I use

make clean crossall OS_TARGET=embedded CPU_TARGET=avr SUBARCH=avr5 BINUTILSPREFIX=avr- CROSSOPT="-O3 -XX -CX"

which results in

        objpas.pp(175,24) Fatal: Unknown compilerproc "fpc_ansistr_to_shortstr".

Is this a known problem ? Is a specific minimal version of the fpc sources and a specific bootstrap compiler neeed to build for Arduino ?

Obviously, I wouldn't need all packages.

Regards,

Adriaan van Os