On Tue, Jul 9, 2024 at 2:56 PM Adriaan van Os via fpc-pascal <
fpc-pascal@lists.freepascal.org> wrote:

> Adriaan van Os via fpc-pascal wrote:
> > Christo Crause via fpc-pascal wrote:
> >> PS. My avr binutils version is 2.26 - old, but your version is about
> >> 10 years older still.
> >
> > WIth avr binutils 2.26 built and installed, the compiler builds !
>
> /usr/local/bin/ppcrossavr -i says
>
> Supported FPU instruction sets:
>    NONE,SOFT,LIBGCC
>
> but NONE seems to be the default and the other two produce an error:
>
>         Cannot find system type "s32real". Check if you use the correct
> run time library.
>
> Is this something unimplemented or under development or added after the
> fpc-3.2.2 release ?

I vaguely recall Florian mentioning somewhere that there was some problem
compiling the internal soft float support for AVR. It is not something I
tested myself so I don't know what the exact status is.

> I also got an error
>
>         error: Can't find unit macpas used by Blinky
>
> for mode macpas. I guess a unit macpas.pp could easily be added (which I
> could do).

Again not something I tested, but would assume a patch to make MacPas mode
work on AVR would be accepted.