Have you tried "washing" the chapters by saving as .mif files,
reopening them, and saving as .fm?

Art

Hi Framers,

FrameMaker 7.p576
Windows XP Professional

I have a book with 17 chapters. Every time I open the chapters in it,
for six of the chapters I get a message that there are unresolved
cross-references. There are six other chapters with cross-references
that do not generate this message.

Each time, I search for the unresolved cross-references (every cross-
reference in each of these chapters), double-click on each, replace it
with the one in the cross-reference dialog box, and save the file.
Then I save all the files in the book and save and close the book. The
next time I open the book, the same cross-references are unresolved
again.

I created this book from an earlier version by copying the files from
the old directory to a new one. Then I opened FrameMaker, created a
new book, and added the files to the new book.

Any suggestions on how I can fix this? BTW, when the cross-references
are unresolved, they correctly identify the heads, chapters, page
numbers, and so forth.

Art Campbell                                             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                            No disclaimers apply.
                                    DoD 358