If your EPS graphic is a vector drawing, I would not follow Alison's suggestion to save as a PNG bitmap. That will greatly degrade the drawing by rasterizing it. EPS handles vectors perfectly, resizing them without degradation. Of course, they still look awful inside FrameMaker-- because FM only shows you a low-res preview to save computer memory. But the vector will look perfect in PDF. Even if the viewer of the PDF zooms in, the vector will resize without degradation.

Mike Wickham