I am currently placing figure titles in a text frame within the figure's
anchored frame to lock the two in the required relative positions. I cannot see
that it is possible, however, to specify this in an EDD. Is there any way of
doing this, perhaps by somehow automatically inserting a named reference page
object, or would it be better to pull the figure title out of the anchored
frame, make it a separate element, and deal with the potential for separation
of the figure and its title in some other way?

I see that DocBook documents, for example, appear to place graphics frame
anchors within the figure title element. Fine - unless the anchored frame is
floated.
--
Steve