At 09:16 -0600 15/5/08, Linda G. Gallagher wrote:

>Thanks for this, but it still won't work for me. I did exactly what Hedley
>outlined, but still no luck.

I'm late on this thread but it seems to be mainly about Adobe Updater. Forgive
me if I've misunderstood.

I am sorry for Linda, but sort of relieved that someone else is reporting
issues. On the Mac, I find AU very irritating. I have Illustrator CS2,
DreamWeaver CS3 and Acrobat 6 Pro, as well as FrameMaker but we all know about
FrameMaker on Mac, but all AU does is offer me Adobe Bridge 1.0 and Adobe
Bridge 1.0.3 - over and over again, no matter how many times I let it install
them. And I don't even *use* Adobe Bridge.

Now there seems to be another, similar, application, calling itself Adobe
Update Manager, which is offering to update Acrobat Reader. Which I also don't
use, much.

This does not seem to be an area that Adobe has got tied down properly across
application versions.

--
Steve